Come as you are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all its forms.
Equal opportunity is deeply rooted in our core value of fairness and we are committed to creating a truly inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive. If you are good at what you do, come as you are.
All BMG applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, gender or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalog, including the 1992 single “Come As You Are”.
Manager, Investments / Mergers and Acquisitions
Your primary mission as Manager, Investments/M&A will be to assist in the evaluation and execution of BMG’s US deal pipeline. Prepare analysis and evaluation data for acquisitions and transactions in advance in BMG’s publishing and recording divisions.
Assist in the execution of transactions in a timely and efficient manner, in collaboration with BMG’s Legal and Commercial Affairs, Finance, Revenue Tracking and Royalties & Copyright departments.
what you will do
- Assist in the completion of US transaction assessments on BMG’s record and edit lists
- Critically evaluate offers and provide valuable information to
- Investment team and management
- Perform financial valuation and discounted cash flow analysis
- Collect data and key terms to evaluate offers.
- Creating investment appraisals for senior management
- Assist the investment, creation, legal and commercial affairs teams throughout the negotiation process
- Monitoring deal processes from start to finish and maintaining the deal pipeline
- Provide analysis for board presentations
- Conduct market research to obtain and implement business insights
- Carry out ad hoc projects as needed
- You hold a bachelor’s degree with a background in finance or mathematics
- You have experience with financial metrics and data translation as well as working with financial valuation and data analysis
- You have a good technical understanding and practical working experience with valuation mechanisms (e.g. discounted cash flows, financial statements)
- You are proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters get the most out of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms, and work hard to maximize the value of every copyright, ensuring that all of our clients receive all payments quickly and accurately.
We are not a technology company, although we use the best technology. We’re not just a music publisher or record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company focused on service, transparency and fairness and is committed to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and all who work with us.
what’s in it for you
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Hybrid work environment (3 days a week in the office, 2 days at home)
- Flexible leave
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Various opportunities for personal and professional development, including training and access to Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar up to 6% in 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people passionate about music
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
BMG – founded in 2008 – is the world’s fourth-largest music company, the first new global music player in the streaming era, and both a record label and music publisher.
Named one of the 2020 World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – an unrelenting focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 20 offices in 12 major music markets now represent more than three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s New Approach Includes Music, Film, Book Production, Artist Management, Merchandise, Neighboring Rights, and Live Music Publishing and Recordings on the Same Service Platform .
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include broadcaster RTL Group, specialist book publisher Penguin Random House and magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its cross-platform perspective, integrated technology platform, and commitment to helping artists maximize their revenue, BMG aims to be the best music company to do business with. www.bmg.com
Company: BMG Rights Management (USA) LLC
Country: the United States of America
State/Region: New York
Town: New York
Postal code: 10016