The objective of the Project Manager role is to be a subject matter expert responsible for managing IT infrastructure projects in infrastructure services and ensuring that implementation is carried out in accordance with governance , defined scope, schedule and budget.
- Plan and manage project deliverables according to the defined and approved process.
- Provide regular project status reports and follow up on outstanding items.
- Ensure project scope is completed on time, within budget and quality requirements are met.
The work involves extensive engagement with business users, IT staff, business users, senior management and the customer, and the incumbent will be expected to provide regular updates. To ensure success as a project manager, the incumbent will be expected to meet key performance areas i.e. financial management at 90% cost recovery, project governance at 100% throughout the project lifecycle , project delivery constraints related to scope, time, cost and quality certification, and project management in PMBOK (PMP) and/or Agile as a Scrum Master.
The objective of the individual is to ensure that the appropriate services are provided and handed over to operational support teams, including the requirements below:
- Industry Expertise – To intimately understand the services provided by the organization and the appropriate support teams to integrate those services for a client.
- Partner – Be a business partner to the customer in terms of cost, efficiency and agility to ensure customer projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Drive – Work with various divisions to provide solutions to the client.
- Delivery – To ensure the successful delivery of service transitions and results in the customer environment.
- Document a detailed project plan and ensure that all necessary resources are assigned to the project and clearly assigned
- Organize review of project scope, BOM, BOQ and scoping workshop, and follow up on open items to conclusion.
- Ensure purchase requisitions are prepared, signed and tracked with finance and supply chain until a purchase order is issued and equipment deliveries are completed.
- Manage project deliverables, resources and information according to the defined project scope throughout the project life cycle.
- Manage the project schedule, interdependencies and implement good project management practices using project management tools, monitor project progress and remove bottlenecks.
- Ensure standards and requirements are met through site visits, quality assurance and strict adherence to ongoing health and safety management.
- Manage the project team, key stakeholders and external vendors/contractors by holding regular meetings and demanding daily progress
- Prepare and deliver progress review report at defined frequencies and on ad-hoc bases on project performance (regarding scope, schedule, cost and quality).
- Make adjustments to the detailed plan as necessary to provide a complete picture of project progress at all times, escalate poor performance, non-compliance, risks and project issues
- Review scope, schedule and cost changes, prepare and submit change requests, and ensure the project report is complete and any variances are clearly indicated, in terms of scope, cost and schedules of the project.
- Responsible for closing the project by handing over the project to the operational area.
- Upload project-related information and documentation and update the physical and electronic repository of all project-related documentation (drawings, signed documentation, communications, etc.)
- Ensure project information meets minimum project auditing standards and physical and electronic records.
Skills, abilities and diplomas:
- National diploma or bachelor’s degree in information technology
- 10 years of experience in IT infrastructure hardware, networks and services.
- 5 years of experience in an IT infrastructure project manager role, preferably with 3 years in business transition
- Project Management Professional and/or Scrum Master Certified, and strong knowledge of ITIL 4
- Strong leadership in project delivery, knowledge of project governance, planning, tracking and reporting.
- Ability to develop and review project management process and advise on industry best practices.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and management skills, able to lead and coordinate infrastructure services business opportunities.
- Experienced individual with strong business and technical skills, able to interpret IT strategy in the context of business strategy and advise the client accordingly.
- Experience managing clients and engagements in an IT environment, and the ability to instill rigor and discipline in standards-aligned project teams.
- PO services
About the employer:
– big successful brand
– Team Driven with autonomy
– Passionate about service and quality
Employer and Benefits:
- group life