This position involves curating, organizing and editing lyrics/metadata of content featured on the Boomplay app and website. Manage and administer (store, review and upload) content provided and work with content providers/aggregators in Nigeria
This role is responsible for developing the strategic direction for the In-App operation. His primary focus will be to translate key insights into actionable strategic and creative direction by designing project/campaign approaches and collaborating with internal/regional/HQ teams to formulate strategic recommendations and identify paths for growth.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, new releases (albums, singles and videos)
- Oversee all local operations teams and hire new roles in the operations team.
- Manage and maintain content management and operating systems (CMS and OMS)
- Provide support to content providers/aggregator for uploading licensed music content to digital music platform via CMS portal
Review metadata provided by content providers to ensure that all music content uploaded to the platform meets required specifications
Timely content curation for all categories of the app and website for the country of operation.
Administration of content in the app/web
- Write weekly/monthly/annual OKR reviews and perform regular statistical growth and decline reviews, ensuring that their company’s goals and objectives are met, as well as those of the region/department
- Develop a content administration plan aligned with content strategy and curated content to achieve short and long term department goals
- Facilitate new onboarding and training for any new onboarding or support manager we add to a region
- Be the Operations Department’s gatekeeper for OMS data, ensuring that all critical functions are managed at the highest level and data integrity is secured.
- Work with the Global Operations Manager, as well as the leaders of each team (CA, Buzz, and AMR) to help draft and execute a model for the new Unified Global Operations workflows
- Be a key player in the continued adoption of local business process and workflow improvements, ensuring they connect to the wider global organization
- Support regional/headquarters operations managers to work with local artists and industry KOLs to understand potential new strategies and operational needs, ensuring they are able to support conversations at an early stage
- Work with local operations managers and track BI metrics and data from local activities and event partnerships that will help monitor new and existing KPIs
- Assist and work with other regional operations managers to create a cohesive global service and network
- Be a key driver in instilling the Boomplay Ops mindset to all regional staff
- Be an ambassador for our work culture, help maintain the “Boomplay Family” vibe and inspire those around you
- In conjunction with the Content Acquisition and Artist Relations team, help cultivate and grow relationships with artists. Ensure that existing regional relationships remain strong
- Teach and monitor the Ops Teammate’s ability to communicate and collaborate with HQ/Regional teams when gathering requirements for bugs, new features and platform enhancements
- As required, oversee the hiring of key personnel in newly created offices and be a key player in the logistical setup of infrastructure and offices
- Assist local/regional operations managers in leading strategic projects and initiatives
- OND, HND or BSc. A degree in a computer-related course is a plus
- 3+ years of content management experience
- Graphic design knowledge and skills
- Relevant professional certifications