We’re on a mission to make science open so everyone can live a healthy life on a healthy planet.
Who we are
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and a leading open access science publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers in the world. To date, our 200,000 freely accessible research articles have received over a billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals cover science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so that more scholars can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, assessed and communicated to the world.
If you are passionate about science, have a solid background in editing and/or project management and enjoy leading teams, this could be a great opportunity for you!
We are looking for a motivated and goal-oriented professional for the role of Journal Manager join our Biosciences, sustainability and SHS program. Working closely with members of multiple editorial teams, you will be a trusted advisor to internal and external stakeholders. You will creatively develop solutions to ensure strong post-launch journal growth through the strategic development of content acquisition initiatives, as well as building and leveraging strong relationships with editorial boards leading academics.
- Manage the review to achieve ambitious targets and objectives
- Drive journal growth and development through editor engagement, article collections, and section launches, informed by competitor and market analysis
- Build strong relationships with top academics and proactively manage editorial boards
- Represent the company to external stakeholders and promote the portfolio at international conferences
- Manage and lead a team of journal specialists and support team members across multiple editorial departments
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure efficient and scalable log operations
- Lead internal editorial projects and initiatives to bring additional strategic value and growth opportunities to the business
You are a goal-oriented person with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You enjoy leading teams and are a collaborative team player, working closely with support team members. You will also be able to work with data to perform market analysis of the competitive publishing landscape, identifying new growth areas to inform our editorial strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in an academic publishing house and/or strong project management experience
- A degree or higher is preferred, with a strong interest in research dissemination
- Demonstrated experience leading a team would be an advantage
- Ability to digest large amounts of information and respond effectively to emergency situations
- Ability to work independently, be highly organized and meet deadlines
- Sound and mature judgment; decisive and tactful when working with multiple stakeholders
- Technical proficiency, with practical skills using current software (especially MS Excel) –
- Excellence in written and spoken English
Your application should include:
- A motivation letter and a CV
- The indication of your first availability
With over 50 nationalities represented in our global team, you will regularly work with teammates from other countries and with our community of researchers, editors and authors from around the world.
Our mission to create solutions for healthy living also extends to the work environment we provide to our employees.
Employees now have the flexibility to choose where they want to work, with remote work available on a part-time or full-time basis (not applicable to some Workplace/IT jobs due to the nature of the role requiring on-site, office presence) ).
learning and development
All employees have access to LinkedIn Learning (and Pluralsight for our technology team), an annual personal learning budget, and dedicated training and development time.
We offer free online yoga classes, an employee assistance plan, access to the Headspace app, and four days of wellness in addition to your vacation pay.
Employees can dedicate three days a year to volunteering for a personal cause or through our partner volunteering platform, Alaya.
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming place to work. Recruitment is free from discrimination, including on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different countries, our diversity creates dynamic teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.