Palo Alto, California, USALocation:
Fri 4 March ’22Posted on:
Field Architecture (FIELD) is an award-winning firm based in Palo Alto, with innovative projects and engaged clients in various regions of California and beyond. We are looking for a talented person to help design and develop inspired projects. Our ideal candidate is both creative and technically minded, highly motivated, self-starter and a life learner. Our work environment is relaxed yet challenging, with direct interface with corporate leaders and project teams, and exposure to all phases of design and construction. Mentoring is part of our philosophy and we seek candidates who demonstrate leadership in an area of expertise that they are passionate about.
We seek above all to create an architecture in harmony with the site and favoring the link between man and the territory. Whether by conversation, drawing or model, our creations are born of a dialogue imbued with optimism and sensitivity.
FIELD is looking for a Junior Project Manager with at least 4-7 years of architectural experience to join our diverse and talented team. Previous residential work must include experience in all phases, including construction.
- Create and contribute to the design and development of inspired projects
- Production of drawing sets and development and coordination of the Revit model
- Project management on small projects – interact with project team members to ensure smooth workflow and monitor project progress with responsibilities such as:
- Responsible for day-to-day customer relations
- Coordination and interface with consultants
- Participate in interaction with various jurisdictions
- Work with project teams on successful project delivery
- Create, edit and manage working drawings and construction documents
- Code research and code application in collaboration with Project Architect
- Research and specify materials and systems with a focus on sustainability and innovation
- Maintain relationships with clients, contractors and consultants to provide a high level of service
- BArch or MArch degree from an accredited program
- Architect licensed or in the process of obtaining a license in California
- 4 to 7 years of experience in architecture
- Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of projects
- Ability to develop details and experience in producing construction documents
- 3-5 years of direct experience producing documents, coordinating consultants and managing junior staff
- Demonstrated ability to control project scope, schedule and budget
- Working knowledge of the California building code
- Expertise in developing models in Revit
- LEED accreditation desired, but at a minimum, a demonstrated commitment to building sustainable environments is required
- Strong collaborative and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Hands-on approach and flexibility are essential
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Ability to interact effectively with the project team and clients and contribute to a positive and dynamic work environment
- Demonstrates initiative, proactivity and pride in work
- Remuneration is commensurate with education, work experience and demonstrated skills.
- FIELD offers a set of benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance coverage paid
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching contribution
- PTO/Personal Leave and Paid Vacations
- Continuing education funds and refunds for ARE, CSE and LEED exams
- Participation in award-winning projects
- Motivated and skilled employees who excel will have the opportunity to grow into a partner path and a leadership role.
- Hybrid working is planned well beyond the current pandemic, allowing the flexibility to work primarily from home while collaborating in the office for carts or during critical deadlines.
- Proximity to the Bay Area is key to enabling site visits and in-person collaboration.
View your application history
Back to task list…