David Alejandro Trujillo, EHS manager for the Latam region of the multinational pharmaceutical company MSD, received this evening (September 20) the title of LatAm fleet manager of the year 2022, closing the Fleet LatAm Conference in Mexico.
Responsible for 2,035 vehicles in 14 Latin American countries, the award was presented to Mr. Trujillo by Sean Killen, vice president of the Latin America region for global telematics specialists GEOTAB. Mr. Trujillo succeeds Tania Mijas who was voted the first Fleet LatAm Manager of the Year in 2021.
During the evening, Fleet LatAm also presented its first-ever Fleet LatAm Innovator of the Year award to Sameul Pérez, MAZ Control Tower Manager for international brewing company AB InBev. Mr. Pérez manages 7,160 vehicles in eight Latin American countries and his award was also presented by Mr. Killen. GEOTAB was the official award sponsor of the evening.
The conference brought together nearly 200 fleet and mobility decision makers and professionals who do business across Latin America.
Latin American Fleet Manager of the Year
The Fleet LatAm Manager of the Year award recognizes the outstanding achievements of corporate vehicle fleet managers with responsibility throughout Latin America, taking into account the efficiency of fleet provisioning, the management of suppliers, innovation and overall business strategy.
A jury of nine fleet professionals evaluated the strengths and weaknesses of all applicants, taking into account evaluation criteria such as automotive policy, supplier management, TCO control, KPI results, innovation, safety, sustainability, mobility, stakeholder satisfaction and personal contribution. Five finalists have been named.
The five finalists
- David Trujillo, Regional Director EHS Latin America, MSD
- Sergio Pérez, MAZ Control Tower Manager, AB-Inbev
- Claudia Roa Fragoso, Latam Regional Fleet Manager, The Sherwin Williams Company
- Alfredo Luna Leon, Director SHEQ North Latam, Linde
- Karla Beltran, Sourcing Manager North America Fleet, Schneider Electric
After a final round where the five nominees presented their vehicle fleet programs across Latin America and answered questions during a group interview with the jury, David Trujillo of MSD (pictured left) and Sergio Pérez arrived in the lead, convincing the jury members of their regional strategy while adhering to the company’s global guidelines and governance.
Mr. Trujillo of MSD was praised for implementing a fleet strategy with a solid balance between supply targets, cost savings and TCO reporting on the one hand, and safety initiatives drivers and fleet sustainability on the other hand. AB InBev’s Mr Pérez (pictured right) demonstrated how technology in general and connectivity and telematics in particular add value to AB InBev’s fleet performance.
The jury would like to congratulate the winners and finalists for their performance in vehicle fleet management!
- Sean Killen, Vice President Latin America Region, GEOTAB
- Kent Bjertrup, Regional Director Latin America, ALD Automotive
- Regina Granados, CEO Mexico, LeasePlan
- Manuel Tamayo, Country Manager Mexico, Element Fleet Management
- Joao Andrade, Managing Director, Localiza Fleet Solutions
- Tania Mijas, Global Sourcing Expert and Head of the Year 2021 Fleet LatAm
- Pascal Serres, President Fleet LatAm Business Networking Group, Fleet LatAm
- Steven Schoefs, Editor, Fleet LatAm and Global Fleet
- Daniel Bland, Fleet LatAm Editor and Americas Editor for Global Fleet