The Rotary Club of Peterborough is raising money for a new medical facility at Camp Kawartha in its second annual online charity auction.
Proceeds from the auction, which will run from April 6-13, will support the environmentally neutral facility at the Camp Kawartha property located northeast of Lakefield. Camp Kawartha celebrates its 100th anniversary this year. It was founded in 1921 by the Rotary Club of Peterborough, as one of its first projects. Additionally, funds raised from the auction will also support other Rotary projects in the Peterborough area.
The auction includes 123 items ranging from cheap to expensive.
Auction items include:
• Unique experiences (guided nature hikes, organized boat rides, helicopter ride over Niagara Falls, two weeks at Camp Kawartha for one child 9-14 years old)
• Sports (golf at three local clubs, Petes games)
• Spectacular homestay dinners
• Unique getaways (hotel and resort near Algonquin, private cabin on a Kawartha lake, private cabin next to the rainforest in Costa Rica)
• Spring cleaning and maintenance packages
• A surprising art
• Gift cards
• Autographed books, and much more.
Bidding will go live at 10 a.m. on April 6. The auction will run for eight days and end at 7 p.m. on April 13.
The online auction will be hosted on local auctioneer Rob Rusland’s auction platform.
The direct link to our online auction is: https://bit.ly/RotaryAuction-Items
As this is a charity auction, no HST or 10% buyer’s premium will be charged on auctioned items. What you offer is what you pay. Thus, successful bidders will save 23% compared to regular auctions.
Founded on April 1, 1921, the Rotary Club of Peterborough celebrates its 100th anniversary. It is Peterborough’s first and oldest service club. A sample of his community projects include: Rotary Greenway Trail, Camp Kawartha, Five Counties Children’s Center, Easter Seals, Education Center at the Zoo, food programs. And in conjunction with the Rotary Club of Peterborough Kawartha – the outdoor adult gymnasium at Beavermead, Victoria Day and Canada Day fireworks, outdoor dog park, and more.