Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USALocation:
Wed 6 Jul ’22Posted on:
R3A Architecture – Project Architect / Project Manager
A creative, driven and technologically savvy architecture graduate with between 3 and 10 years (for the project architect) and between 8 and 15 years (for the project manager) of previous experience in an architectural firm / interior design, which works best in a culture of interdisciplinary collaborative design. You will actively participate in all aspects of a project including programming, architectural and interior design, research, document design/production, coordination with industry partners, construction administration, project management and will also be exposed to the business side of our profession with an opportunity to participate in business development and marketing efforts. You will be encouraged to collaborate with owners, consultants and contractors in all phases of project design and delivery.
- Bachelor of Architecture (minimum)
- On the IDP and Licensure Trail
- 3 to 10 years (for the project architect) and 8 to 15 years (for the project manager) Architectural experience with an architectural/interior design firm
- Knowledge of the properties, constructability and aesthetic qualities of building materials, systems and assemblies
- Familiar with building codes and agency approval processes
- Ability to think critically or conceptually about the built environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task
- Confident, engaging, proactive and collaborative
- High-level design sensibilities and graphic skills
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign and other design software
- Previous experience in higher education, science and technology (especially labs) and creative workplace design preferred
- Interest in sustainable design strategies and LEED AP or WELL AP certification is a plus
The R3A architecture is
A progressive architectural firm, located on the historic South Side in bustling East Carson Street, with a specialty in Higher Education/Science and Technology/Smart Workplace/Civic and Community Design. You will be part of a stimulating work environment, with regular opportunities to enrich your knowledge base and nurture your design sensibilities and technical talents. We provide a studio environment focused on research, continuous learning and professional development, as well as opportunities for professional growth and advancement and encourage initiative and original thinking.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Are values to which we subscribe as a company and which are reflected in our work culture, our environment and our attitudes towards each other as well as in the way we treat each other, our dynamics of working with our staff, customers or other industry partners. R3A is a small business with an entrepreneurial spirit. Our team includes a diverse mix of employees representing gender, race and orientation equity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals; to prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status combatant or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
Competitive salary and full benefits based on experience.
- Group medical, dental and vision insurance package for employees with additional coverage options for children and family
- Short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid leave (PTO) including personal time
- Flexible, hybrid work environment, including working from home
- 401k retirement plan with profit sharing
- Free parking
- Professional and internal development program
- Company-paid professional licensing exams and membership in a professional organization
How to register:
If you are interested, please submit a cover letter, resume and samples of your work to [email protected] In the subject line of your email, please include the following: your architect name_position. In your cover letter, please indicate which project on our website intrigued you the most and why.
Failure to follow the above instructions may result in disqualification from consideration for the position.
View your application history