Our client, a water extraction company, is recruiting a Hands-on Project Manager (Construction) for a project in Naboomspruit, Limpopo.
It includes the completion of a partially constructed sewage treatment plant, pipeline and associated pump stations. The scope includes civil, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation works. The contractual conditions are FIDIC (red). The value of the contract is over R170m.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or related engineering degree/diploma.
- Course or professional certification in project management. (PMP or CAPM).
- Minimum 10 years of experience in large scale EPC infrastructure projects as project manager.
- In-depth knowledge of the FIDIC suite.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Projects, Word, Excel, Buildsmart/Candy and other relevant software platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for project account, compilation of payment request for major works, change order requests for payment, request for payment of claims.
- Commercial management, commercial problems related to claims under extension of time, labor relations agreements, force majeure, etc.
- Commercial management of contractual requirements.
- Project Control Manager, managing Cost Controls, Resources, Supply, Quality, planning of all activities.
- Progress report and risk report.
- Submit and attend monthly health and safety reporting meetings.
- Submit and attend quality report meetings.
- Respond to communication from engineer/employer’s agent.
- Submissions of Notices and Requests.
- Motivation and submission of contractual claims/additional work.
- Submit a quote request.
- Submit a request for information.
- Attend business meetings with engineer/employer’s agent.
- Attend daily, weekly and monthly progress meetings.
- Participate in value engineering sessions if necessary to reduce costs.
- Sending monthly claims and invoicing.
- Prepare monthly cost reports.
- Prepare and issue cash flow projections to the Engineer as well as internally.
- Prepare the monthly purchasing schedule.
- Approve orders.
- Approve and appoint sub-contractors.
- Drafting of SLA contracts with subcontractors.
- Approve escalating claims from sub-contractors.
- Manage site office staff.
- Manage subcontractors and labor relations.
- Establish and oversee project close-out documentation and processes through to completion.
- Negotiate, resolve and close all outstanding change orders, quality issues or disputes.
- Process and track all final invoices, payment requests, retention payments, etc.
- Prepare and submit final project accounting and budget.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Proven track record in delivering high quality programs/projects.
- Able to demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to develop and maintain long term relationships with all team members.
- Ability to present to senior management to motivate approvals.
- Passionate about solving complex challenges under tight deadlines.
- A motivated person with a positive attitude.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Thrives in a collaborative team environment.
- civil engineer
- Project Manager